Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another Day

1517520.jpg

This last week has been a bit on the rough side. Filed the taxes, joy. But, didn't have to pay anything...so, that's always good. Valentine's came....and went. No special here except the one that involved orange dust and grilled lettuce. Odd, I know. That was the highlight!

Work brought me down harder than I expected. A bit of reality freshened the senses. Guess, I've never been one for loss of control. Follow the spiral.

Brings me to this movie. I remember when Paula said she wanted to watch this. But, we never seemed to be able to make it to the theater. So, I had to watch it when I saw it at the movie rental. A little romance couldn't hurt.  Well, the movie was kind of long...not sure if it was plot or character development or extended drama. It was cute and gets to try to warm the cockles of those single romantics everywhere.  What struck a chord was a line in the movie where she says, "this is who I am".

It is a powerful statement. I've used it in the past in one set of writings. But, yesterday, it brought a new perspective on my week. My work is not my being. While I should take pride in what I do, I should not confuse it with who I am. Often, I let it give me purpose and direction. But, I should remember that this is merely a facet of my productivity. I should strive to break free of my self-imposed chains and enjoy what Life has to offer.

Makes me wonder...what happened to 90-day Jane?

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

ShareThis

Facebook Badge