Thursday, January 10, 2008

Allure

Allure

Compelled and truly drawn,
the late night visits come.
What power do you have?
Hate this loss of control.
Emotion rent from me
once hidden away deep,
now running amok here
With you in my embrace.
I would send you away
To regain my senses
and the lonely comfort
I have always understood,
let me stay by your side
and slowly breathe you in.
Do I want more than this?

*****

I've been thinking of my old roommate, Pedro. I miss him, his smile, and his reassuring sarcasm. The counterpoint to my inner child, his maturity hid his tender heart.  I found this poem I wrote on a whim, one of his favorites of mine. I doubted it's strength, but he reassured me in that way of his.

Rest easy, my friend, the love you brought into everyone's lives will never be extinguished.

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

ShareThis

Facebook Badge