Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ebb 3/30/2006

Past the blues and whites, I stared
And found myself upon some coastal plain.
No gentle breeze did pass my way

And so, I walked past shoals and solitude
To find my Shell in nightly dreams
And lost myself in nameless whispers.

And there, then, I came upon
The mangrove in all its joy
As no one and all could see.
Tall,
Lush,
Erect,
And waiting for me..

I gave no hint of trepidation
A feint, a folly, a glamour,
Practiced and meticulous,
Went the dance of hands and knees..

Two beauties, maybe three
Sailed in oceans of shadows
Where one ended,
I could not see.

Upon the waves,
Warm,
Wet,
And Captivating,
The Undine Song
I sang.

Until the littoral chorus
Reminded me
Of how
Alone
I
Truly
Was.

How far I traveled
Only to find
That I had not
Gotten far
At all.

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

ShareThis

Facebook Badge