Thursday, January 10, 2008

Yesterdays and Everything 5/2006

Again this coastal dream arrives unbidden.
What chance, have I, against idyllic fancy
where words are sparse,
the eyes absorb.
No helpless forms or wills preside here.
And by now, I know the Undine song,
resonating echoes through my core.
Quick!
Time follows us...me...
Return and away!
Hasten with steadfast joy.
There can be no lingering,
An unwritten creed?
Misplaced beliefs will save us not!
Though nothing there resides that can not be
undone by smirk or smile.
I turn and open my eyes once more.
Yet, no fleeting ephemerous passing is this
that I will not recall,
you are mine!

* * *

Come lay across my knees!
With you, I'll do as I please.
Show me how bad you've been,
I promise to be good,
the best you've ever had!

* * *

stroke for confidence.
question the muse within.
choose what you will, boy.

* * *

I don't know the words.
To say what you want to hear.
You are so the man!

* * *

This is for Erik
who sits by her side always.
Nothing said again.

* * *

Oh what can be said?
Silent volumes to be heard,
only EVERYTHING!

Blogged with Flock

No comments:

ShareThis

Facebook Badge